Holden Wood Antiques in Lancashire, England
St. Stephen’s Church was originally constructed in 1867 at Crowtrees, just over a mile from the present site of the building. However, during the start of the 20th century, the population of the surrounding valley slowly decreased. This was due in large part to the Bury and District Water Board, as they began purchasing farms, houses, and mills in preparation for the Grane reservoirs. This effectively depopulated the area. Soon, attendance at the church began to decline until the entire congregation was no more.